Serving Our Community
- Food Wagon – Food donations are taken to Hastings Family Service from the blue wagon in the Gathering Area.
- Meals on Wheels – Meals are provided for the homebound in Hastings. OSEL days are Mondays every other week. You can volunteer to be a driver or help provide for the financial needs of the program.
- Food With Friends – Provide food items, prepare meal, serve meal and clean up on the 1st Thursday of each month.
- A Meal and a Prayer-Support by bringing a meal to a home of a person who is struggling with a health issue or recovering from surgery
- Fixers for Christ – Volunteers who help with household fix-it needs of people needing help
- Hats, Scarfs and Mittens – Meets September through October for knitting and crocheting Hats, Scarfs and Mittens. This can also be an all year project at home.
- Prayer Shawls – A home project of making shawls which are given to people with a health issue to be comforted.
- Quilters – Meet September thru May two times per month to make quilts for those in need.
- Rides – People to drive seniors to medical appointments in Hastings or the Twin Cities.
- Hastings Family Service – A community supported, non-profit agency providing emergency and supportive services to those who are hungry, homeless or unable to provide for their basic needs of food, clothing, shelter, friendship or transportation.
- 360 Communities – By building trusting relationships within our community, we provide stabilizing resources such as safe shelter, healthy food, housing support, and more to open pathways toward a successful future.
- TLC of Hastings – Pregnancy Resource Center is a ministry that serves our community by providing life-affirming pregnancy and parenting education and support.
- United Way of Hastings – We match the efforts of people and organizations in the Hastings area to work collectively on issues affecting child, family and community well-being.
- Food 4 Kids – Weekend Meals. The 2022/23 school year we assisted with packing of 5400 meal bags to hand out to the children in the Hastings School District.
- Ally Supportive Services – Our mission is to fight to end homelessness by providing optimal client centered support, advocacy, and safe affordable housing to homeless adults with severe housing barriers in Minnesota.
Prayer & Support
- Just Friends – This outreach program through Hastings Family Service matches trained volunteers to provide visitors, helpers, phone calls, and transportation for people of all ages in our community.
- Care Cards – Send care cards to those who need our sympathy or cheer.
- Care Notes – Maintain Care Notes display and inventory located by Church Office.
- Birthday party For Jesus – Opportunity to donate infant to toddler sized clothing and accessories in November to be distributed by Hastings Family Service.
- Prayer Chain – A group that prays for the needs of the congregation. Prayers are emailed to coordinator. The coordinator emails the prayers to the participants.
- Hastings Area Grief Support Group – A grief support group that meets the 4th Thursday each month from 6:00-7:30 PM at Tilden Community Center with no cost to attend.
- Gone Too Soon – This support group is a safe place for parents to gather to gain understanding and support as they navigate the winding road of loss and grief. Meets the 1st & 3rd Wednesday each month at 6:00, Tilden Community Center with no cost to attend
- Hastings Senior Health & Living – Volunteers and Board Members are encouraged to step forward.