Serving Our Community
- Food Wagon – Food donations are taken to Hastings Family Service from the blue wagon in the Gathering Area.
- Meals on Wheels – Meals are provided for the homebound in Hastings. OSEL days are Mondays every other week. You can volunteer to be a driver or help provide for the financial needs of the program.
- Food With Friends – Provide food items, prepare meal, serve meal and clean up on the 1st Thursday of each month.
- A Meal and a Prayer-Support by bringing a meal to a home of a person who is struggling with a health issue or recovering from surgery
- Fixers for Christ – Volunteers who help with household fix-it needs of people needing help
- Sharing & Caring Hands – Provides meals and clothing for the homeless in Minneapolis. On hold due to covid.
- Hats, Scarfs and Mittens – Meets September through October for knitting and crocheting Hats, Scarfs and Mittens. This can also be an all year project at home.
- Prayer Shawls – A home project of making shawls which are given to people with a health issue to be comforted.
- Quilters – Meet September thru May two times per month to make quilts for those in need.
- Rides – People to drive seniors to medical appointments in Hastings or the Twin Cities.
- Santa’s Secret Workshop – Children are given invitations to shop for their siblings and parents. Over 1000 stocking stuffer type gifts are needed for all ages. Volunteers needed to work during event. Our goal is for each of the children to experience the joy of giving.
- Hastings Family Service – A community supported, non-profit agency providing emergency and supportive services to those who are hungry, homeless or unable to provide for their basic needs of food, clothing, shelter, friendship or transportation.
- 360 Communities – By building trusting relationships within our community, we provide stabilizing resources such as safe shelter, healthy food, housing support, and more to open pathways toward a successful future.
- TLC of Hastings – Pregnancy Resource Center is a ministry that serves our community by providing life-affirming pregnancy and parenting education and support.
- United Way of Hastings – We match the efforts of people and organizations in the Hastings area to work collectively on issues affecting child, family and community well-being.
- Ally Supportive Services – Our mission is to fight to end homelessness by providing optimal client centered support, advocacy, and safe affordable housing to homeless adults with severe housing barriers in Minnesota.
Prayer & Support
- Just Friends – This outreach program through Hastings Family Service matches trained volunteers to provide visitors, helpers, phone calls, and transportation for people of all ages in our community.
- Care Cards – Send care cards to those who need our sympathy or cheer.
- Care Notes – Maintain Care Notes display and inventory located by Church Office.
- Birthday party For Jesus – Opportunity to donate infant to toddler sized clothing and accessories in November to be distributed by Hastings Family Service.
- Prayer Chain – A group that prays for the needs of the congregation. Prayers are emailed to coordinator. The coordinator emails the prayers to the participants.
- Hastings Area Grief Support Group – A grief support group that meets the 4th Thursday each month from 6:00-7:30 PM at Tilden Community Center with no cost to attend.
- Gone Too Soon – This support group is a safe place for parents to gather to gain understanding and support as they navigate the winding road of loss and grief. Meets the 1st & 3rd Wednesday each month at 6:00, Tilden Community Center with no cost to attend
- Augustana Care/Cassia, Hastings – Volunteers and Board Members are encouraged to step forward.